"Flight to Philly narrowly avoids disaster as toddler incapacitates crew in freak beverage cart accident. Film at 11."

We might be moving soon to Philadelphia. New job? New house? Nope. G-man's first flight. If the trip doesn't work out, I'm canceling the return tickets and sending for our things.


Now I know I'm not the first to travel with a 19-month-old. I bet there are toddlers out there that already know how to engage the emergency exit chutes and mothers that don't even book their seats in the same row, and not just to pretend they don't know the creature with dookie in its pants.

I should confess that I personally am terrified of flying. This doesn't really help the task I'll soon be facing. How can I properly freak out if I have to worry about him throwing up in my hand? Oh sure, the distraction may be just what I need to get over my fear of air travel but it would only be replaced with the fear of more vomit in my hand every time a seat belt clicks. It's a no win situation.

So now I have a few weeks left to poll everyone on the planet about what to take, where to pack it and how to keep him on my lap for 2.5 hours without anyone going ballistic. I should probably start composing my apology notes now to our fellow passengers, flight attendants and the TSA. Coffee, tea or milk? We'll take the Valium.

Samsmama  – (29 July, 2009 06:39)  

Other than when he was 5 weeks old, I've only flown with Sam once. I booked our flight for late evening, essentially bedtime. Perfect! Return flight? I'm still not ready to talk about it. Good luck to you!

Catherine VandeVelde  – (29 July, 2009 09:09)  

Yes, I was going to suggest valium! And, you only have to hold him on your lap for 1.25 hrs, because your husband, who is a progressive man, will hold him the other 1.25 hrs.

Post a Comment