You're the next contestant

I used to say that sometimes I feel like I'm living on Candid Camera. Often, the things that I saw/experienced just couldn't be real life. Lately, I still get that on-camera feeling, but it's a different kind of game show: Guess that Word!


The G-man's speech is coming along pretty well and I think I can understand about 95% of what he's saying, mostly because I get the context. As for others, I'd like to think they understand him 70% of the time. So that leaves some, um, dead air. And that's where the game begins!

Recently we were walking Tino and from the stroller I hear, "Boo men gen." Yeah, I didn't get it either. So I asked him to repeat it. "Boomgin." What? "Boo gen!" I stop, lean towards him and try again, paying close attention to his lips. "Boomtzgen!" Ok, this isn't working. Then I notice he has his blue water cup and it's empty. So, in a flash of brilliance, I say, "Blue again! Oh honey, I'm sorry, we don't have any water but I'll get you more in your blue cup as soon as we get home."

My prize? He looks up at me and his eyes say...my mom is a moron.

The crestfallen look on his face shows that I have obviously blown this one. Then, I notice behind us that we have passed the quickly-deflating balloons on the sign for the school carnival. For the second time that morning. Balloons again! Balloons again! That's what he was saying!

With confidence, I ask him, "Did we go by the balloons again?" And he smiles and nods enthusiastically. I win!

Now, guess what he was saying the day I thought he was telling me about a flamingo...

Kathy  – (17 July, 2010 06:51)  

Love your article, its very informative for me, thanx for the share.

Cindy  – (18 July, 2010 00:21)  

Nice post, must read your other post too, but thanx for this one.

Post a Comment