I want a maternity test

Sometimes I think to myself, how can this be my kid?


When G-man was first born, he looked so much like my husband that I joked about getting a maternity test to make sure he was mine. Then I saw his flat ass and realized he may not look like me from the front, but everyone will know he's my son as he walks away. Sorry about that sweetie.

But now he shows things in his personality and likes/dislikes that makes me wonder again. Seriously, this is my baby?

He gets up way too early. I'm not a morning person. True, I enjoy them once I'm fully awake, or on my way to being there, but my go-to preference is to sleep as late as possible.

To go along with that, he doesn't nap. If I'm up early, I need some downtime during the day. Starting with like, an hour or so after I roll out of bed.

He won't eat pasta. I live on pasta. I keep giving it to him each week and he keeps chucking it off the side of the tray. I hope one day soon, his Italian heritage will wake up, give him a loud, stern talking to with a lot of hand gestures, and he'll be stuffing noodles in his tummy in no time flat.

We took him to Dunkin' Donuts last weekend for a treat. The mecca of all donut goodness. One of my favorite places on earth. And he ate...a muffin. He rejected two types of munchkins and a bite of bavarian cream. They ended up on the DD floor. Sacrilege! There's no 5-second rule at a DD. Into the trash they went. I nearly cried at the waste. But, more for me in the end, right?

He's already better at throwing a ball than I am.

He likes things chilly. I hate cold. Cold weather, fans blowing on me. But he seems to thrive in it. He sleeps better when it's cool (68 or below) in his room and appeared to enjoy the winter walks more than the warm spring ones so far.

As he grows up, I'm sure we'll merge closer on the issues. After all, after weeks of rejecting pizza (are you kidding me?!) he gobbles it up like a pro. I have hopes that a late sleeping, summer lovin', pasta cramming kiddo is showing up soon.

Post a Comment