Lost in translation

G-man is starting to get into the groove of this whole talking thing. Ok, maybe talking isn't quite the word, more like, uh, randomly uttering things that seem to have some meaning, especially to him. I've been told by our Parents as Teachers person that if he uses the same sounds consistently for an object/idea, it counts as a word. Still, this can be a little confusing if you don't know his language. So here is a handy G-man to Mommy dictionary:


ge-ge (with hard G): kitty

ma-mow: lawn mower

drawn out O: hose

nyum-nyum: ice cream

pa-pua: pumpkin

bac-whee: vacuum 

nay: horse

dakter: tractor

wreee-ooo: fire engine

rooooommmm: broom

da-dayr: hair dryer

bou-ber: blueberry

riiide: i want you to push me on a toy

dirdy: trash

wrhee-wrhee: race car

kaka: avocado

du-ree: turtle

e-yi-yi: sing or play Old MacDonald

ba-boo: caterpillar (no idea why)

roc-whee: rocking horse, rocking chair, rocking toy, etc.

bo-bo: 1. police car (our fault, we call it the po-po); 2. we have no idea but he uses it a lot outside

daddy: the catch-all for everything that doesn't have a word yet

no: no; yes; maybe; stop touching that; you should touch that; i like to hear my voice; the dog is near me; the cat is over there; I'm hungry; wait, no I'm not; I'm awake

I'm writing this while he's sleeping, so I'm sure I'm missing many, many "the general population has no idea what you are talking about" words. Maybe I'll add more tomorrow. What have you heard him say that leaves you perplexed? 

Post a Comment