A look into the future

Two of my good friends told me this morning they are pregnant. Ok, only one of them is actually pregnant, but they are both expecting, as in expecting to soon welcome a weird bundle of sounds, smells and sights squished into a package we call a baby.


I am completely thrilled for them. I did the "omigod happy dance" around the kitchen when I heard. I kept telling G-man he was going to have a new 'cousin'. I thought of all the unsolicited advice I could give and stopped myself short of actually firing off an email with it. A few minutes later I paused, noticed what the baby was doing at that moment and wondered, do they really know what's coming? So K & K, 15 months after your sweetpea arrives, you may find this familiar...

In the span of 45 minutes, the G-man had accomplished the following:

Intentionally rubbed applesauce in his hair, and possibly his eyes.

Fed the majority of his waffle to the dog.

Used his toothbrush to dig for treasure in the lime tree's dirt (this after moving the gate I have around the tree to protect it from said invasion).

Used that same toothbrush to clean out from under the stove. Judging from what's on that thing, that area really needs some attention.

Tried to put the toothbrush in his mouth once I retrieved it from under the stove (ah, you thought I wasn't paying attention. I did stop that.)

Discovered that by throwing his sippy cup, little bits of liquid come out, thus creating small pools of wet fun on the floor, perfect for rubbing hands in.

Emptied a box of cereal as he moved from room to room, much to the adoration of the dog. First he tossed small handfuls to his eager follower, then removed the bag and proceeded to shake it upside down with glee, I assume to make sure all little bits were equally scattered around my house.

It was at this point I saw the finale of his creation and thought of the parents-to-be. Throughout his journey around the house, he had managed to step in a variety of sippy cup puddles. These now met the dirt from the lime tree to form mud on his socks. His next step was to practice his new skill of crushing, using his muddy feet to pulverize any remaining intact cereal pieces.

Thank goodness we have hardwood floors. And a roomba.

Post a Comment