How low can you go?

To the moms at library story time: 


I'm not saying you aren't beautiful - some of you are downright gorgeous and inexplicably put together while toting more than one child - and I'm not saying you don't deserve to enjoy fashion. But what I am saying is this: low-riding pants are not your friend. More than that, they are not my friend. Especially when I am sitting behind you.

You know that we'll be seated on the floor. You know your kid will start to wander off and you'll need to reach for him/her, resulting in even a seemingly carefully placed shirt betraying you. You know we have to move and sing between the stories. Yet there it is, the low-riding pant journeying down further and further as the activities continue.

Perhaps you may have underestimated the curiosity of toddlers. Specifically, mine. Because while you might be "airing it out", he wants to fill it. With his snacks. There are enough non-baby-safe things in this world that I have to redirect him from. Your bum should not be part of this discussion.

Post a Comment